Access the Owner Portal here
Division Order Information
A Division Order is an instrument that provides an owner’s ownership interest, expressed as a decimal interest, in a specific well or group of wells. It is also used to confirm an owner’s address, contact information, tax information and decimal interest.
You received a Division Order because Civitas has information indicating that you own minerals located within the unit boundary of a producing well.
Net Mineral Acres Owned / Unit Acres x Lease Royalty Rate = Unit Decimal Interest
10 net mineral acres / 640 Unit Acres x 18% Royalty = 0.00281250 Unit Decimal Interest
Below is a list of common pay codes used by CIVITAS.
- M – Pay
- SN – We require the signed Division Order and W9 to release funds
- SD – We require the signed Division Order to release funds
- ST – Your account is in Title Suspense and needs resolution before funds can be released
Name & Address Updates
Your owner number is a unique number assigned to you by CIVITAS. It is located on your check or Division Order. Please reference this number when contacting CIVITAS.
Complete the form below and email/mail the form to CIVITAS.
Please provide a copy of your marriage certificate, divorce documents or other legal documents pertaining to the name change.
Please provide a recorded copy of the conveyance document purchasing/selling the home or property. The conveyance must be recorded in the county where the minerals are located.
Royalty Payment Information
Yes, CIVITAS uses FIS to pay monthly royalties via direct deposit. Please use the link below in order to get set up with FIS. Please note that you must receive 1 paper check in order to set up direct deposit.
- Contact FIS Integrated Payables at (877) 330-4950 to request a registration code
- Go to HTTPS://WWW.FISINTEGRATEDPAYABLES.COM/PAYMENTSPILOT
- Click “Subscribe” to create your account
- Enter your registration code
- Verify your information and create your online account
- Enter your bank information exactly as it appears on your banking documents
- Wait 24-48 hours, two small penny deposits will be made to your bank account 8. Return to your online FIS Integrated Payables account and enter the two deposit amounts
All royalties are paid 2 months in arrears of production and checks/direct deposits are sent by the last business day of the month.
Unclaimed property refers to accounts in which there has been no contact for a prescribed amount of time (dormancy period). Pursuant to state law, these funds are escheated to the state of last known residence.
Civitas has been unable to reach or locate you regarding unclaimed property and this Unclaimed Property Letter serves as is the final correspondence before your funds are escheated to the state. Please reach out to CIVITAS via Owner Relations if you have received a letter. Please note that unclaimed property correspondence is processed via a third party, SOVOS.
Each state has a database of reported unclaimed property. You can search “Unclaimed Property” and your state of residence to locate each state’s website for a searchable database.
Access your Monthly JIB and Revenue Statements electronically from a free and secure website. If you have not used energy link in the past, you can create an account by following the link and login instructions above. If you are interested in setting up automatic deposit, please see the form provided above. All distributions including automatic deposits are handled through FIS.
Civitas Resources values all our vendors and looks to provide the highest level of service. If you have any questions, please either email or call the number listed below:
Phone: 720-440-6100 x 2
Email: [email protected]
Joint Interest Billing Information
Every interest owner is assigned a unique owner number for their account. The owner number can be found on the upper left corner of your JIB statement and invoice.
EnergyLink can be used to obtain your Joint Interest Bills electronically from a free and secure website. You can register with EnergyLink at www.energylink.com. You may also contact [email protected] for a username and password. If you are not registered to access online, your JIB Invoice will be mailed to you.
If you process invoices online at www.energylink.com, please dispute the charge on the website and provide a brief description of the dispute. Otherwise, please contact us at [email protected]. Include your owner number, name, and a brief description of the dispute in your email. You may also contact us at 303-293-9100.
Payments should be remitted to Civitas Resources Inc by check or ACH/Wire transfer.
Check payments can be mailed to:
Civitas Resources Inc
555 17th Street, Suite 3700
Denver, CO 80202
Please contact [email protected] to remit payments by ACH or wire transfer.
When remitting payment, please include your owner number and invoice number(s) paid on your check or ACH/Wire remittance.
For owners who prefer to have expenses netted from revenue payments, a revenue check will be issued around the 25th of the month. This revenue check will show the amount of the deduction for JIB expenses. To request a netting change, please contact Joint Interest Billing at [email protected]. Please include your name and owner number. You may also contact us at 303-293-9100.
All royalty interest owners who receive $10 or more annually, and working interest owners who receive $600 or more annually, will be issued an IRS Form 1099, which is mailed to the owner by January 31st of the following year. The income reported to the IRS is your gross income prior to any other deductions or taxes. If you have any questions regarding your 1099, or need a new copy, please send an email including your name and owner number to [email protected]. You may also contact Owner Relations by phone at 303-312-8556. Civitas also recommends that you consult a tax professional with questions regarding your tax obligations.
Lease Records Information
A Lease Bonus payment is a fixed cash payment made to the Lessor at the time the lease is signed. This type of payment is typically associated with ‘paid-up leases’, typical for in modern oil and gas leases.
An Extension payment is paid to the Lessor on or before the expiration of the primary term of the lease if an Extension clause is present and no drilling operations or production have been established. The Extension clause and applicable payment extends the lease for an additional amount of time defined in the lease and is at the discretion of the Lessee.
A Shut-In Royalty payment is often paid to the Lessor(s) in lieu of royalties when a well is shut-in and not producing. The terms of when the Shut-In payment is triggered and when payment is due is determined in the Shut-In provision of the lease.
A Delay Rental payment is made to the Lessor during the primary term of the lease as compensation in lieu of drilling operations or production; this payment is generally made on an annual basis. This type of payment is typically associated with non paid- up leases, less common in modern oil and gas leases.
A Surface Use/Right-of-Way Payment is paid to the Surface Owner for the use of land for drilling locations, road easements, facilities, etc. as specified in the agreement. These can be one-time payments or annual payments depending on the terms of the agreement.
Key Lease Provisions
- Lessor (Mineral Owner)
- Lessee (Oil & Gas Company)
- Description of lands that are being leased; may describe the gross acreage covered by lands.
- Primary Term – number of years for which the initial lease term is granted, wherein Lessee must either establish production or begin drilling operations on the leased lands, either actual or pooled, before the lease expires. See also Option to Extend.
- Example: Effective date 1/1/2023, 5 year Primary Term = 12/31/2027 Expiration Date
- Secondary Term – once production is established the lease moves into the Secondary Term and will remain active for so long as there is production or operations are being conducted.
- The royalty clause establishes the lessor’s percentage of royalty that will be payable under the oil and gas lease.
- A Shut-In Royalty clause allows for a payment to be made in lieu of the regular royalty payment. Here, the amount of Shut-in Royalty payment, terms of how long a well can be shut-in for and when payment is due, is determined.
- States that Lessor will be paid (rentals, royalties) based on their actual mineral interest and not the gross amount of surface acres.
- Pooling refers to combining leased lands with other lands in order to form a single drilling or producing unit.
- Unitization refers to field-wide operations, that may comprise of multiple drilling or spacing units, often for the purpose of secondary recovery of the resources.
Option to Extend
- Allows lease to be extended for a specified amount of time past the expiration date of the primary term if drilling operations or production are not present. Additional consideration (Extension Bonus) is due on or before the expiration of the primary term.
- The option to extend a lease is at the discretion of the Lessee and no additional permission is required by the Lessor if this provision exists in the lease.
DISCLAIMER: Each royalty interest is governed solely by the language in the individual written agreement between Civitas and the royalty owner. This information is being provided to assist owners with frequently asked questions regarding oil and gas leases. However, nothing in this document may amend the language in your written agreement concerning royalties or grant any rights to royalty holders. Further, an oil and gas lease is a legally binding agreement between the mineral owner and the company for the development, operation, and production of the oil, gas or other hydrocarbons from the lands. The information herein is not legal advice, and for questions regarding your oil and gas lease Civitas recommends that you speak with a licensed attorney.